I want to move my PostureRay (MSAcess Server) software to a different computer. How is this done?
Once a PostureRaynet (MsAcess Server) key has been installed on your hard drive you will need to remove it before installing it on another Server, or moving the data to another location. Please note, once this key has been removed, PostureRay will no longer work on workstations until you re-instate it on the server and reactivate each station. This procedure is done for clients who have a network version of PostureRay on the server and other computers. If you have PostureRay on ONLY one computer DON’T attempt this procedure and you will need to search for PostureRay (Stand Alone) instructions as it will require a different procedure.
If this is a SQL Server Move then you must look at “ Move PostureRay (SQL Server) software to a different computer. How is this done? ” If you are not too sure what database version you are on, please contact Postureco Support Team 866-577-7297 as they will have it on file.
Below are the steps to move your PosturerayNet to a different server computer: (MsAcess Version).
Step #1: Backing up your PostureRay Database:
- On your server hard drive go to C:\Program Files (X86)\Postureco folder (or look on a different drive).
- Copy the entire folder of Postureraynet , you will have your software, license key and the database all in this location and place it on your network or to a USB drive or Flash drive. Inside the Postureraynet folder you will copy to the new server only the data and Image folders plus the License.txt file as this is where the activation key is located.
Step #2: Deactivating the PostureRayNet Key:
- On your server hard drive click on C:\Program Files (X86)\Postureco\PostureRaynet folder. (If your PostureRaynet is not located in this location, it might be in a different folder or on a different drive)
- In PostureRaynet folder right-click on the ClientApp file and “Run as Administrator”.
- The Activation Window will appear. Press on the “Move Application – Remove” button.
- Click on Remove button and OK, wait a few minutes and the system will confirm your key removal.
- Uninstall the PostureRaynet software by going through the control panel – Add/Remove Programs or Program Features.
- Make sure to remove the share on this Postureco folder so the other stations do not pin point to it.
Step #3: Installing on NEW computer and activate PostureRayNet Key:
- Go to your NEW computer and access your backup files. From the Software folder Run As Administrator the latest PostureRayNet install – it will have two digits followed by one letter in the filename. make sure its the highest letter and number this will tell us its the latest.
- Go through the installation and choose the install path desired. Click on NEXT until you see Finish. Click on Finish and then close out of the menu screen when it appears. DO NOT ACTIVATE YET. just close the Menu screen .
- Share the Postureco Folder with Read/Write permissions for Everyone. Give FULL security rights to the Everyone group to the PostureCo folder and all subfolders.
- From your backup location, copy over the Data and Image folders into the new PostureRayNet folder. Copy the Software folder into the PostureCo folder as well. In the PostureRaynet folder on the new computer look for Clientapp.exe – Run as Administrator, it will bring you to a Menu you want to select ACTIVATE Click on Activate. Copy and paste into the Activation form the entire license key, with brackets, from the backed up License.txt file on the backup folder. this file will be inside the PostureRaynet folder. If your license ends with AA this is s default key and isn’t the right license . Make sure you are on the backup folder to retrieve the key. Then below where it says \\CN (Computer name) add the path here for the Data and the images folder separately, click on Activate and acknowledge the successful activation notification. If Activation fails, please contact PostureCo support. NOTE:: Make sure you share the Postureco folder on the new computer as the activation will not work it will tell you it cant find the path.
Step #4: Map new server and reactivate the stations:
- Go to each workstation that runs PostureRay. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Postureco\PostureRay and Run As Administrator the ClientApp application.
- The Activation Window will appear. Press on the “Move Application – Remove” button press Remove then Ok until it closes.
- Go back to C:\Program Files(x86)\Postureco\PostureRay folder and Run As Administrator the ClientApp file again.
- Click on ACTIVATE. In the PostureRay folder, copy and paste the entire license, including brackets, from the License.txt file into the Activation form. Press ACTIVATE.
- For Versions 19 and older only – A window will appear to point each station to the PosturerayNet Database. Browse the network to the server computer name and select the PostureCo\PostureRayNet\Data folder. Press Ok and you have mapped this station.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Add permissions to the Postureco folder by going to C:/Program Files (X86)/Postureco/. On the Postureco folder right click on the mouse and select Properties, then click on the security tab add “Everyone” to your permissions and make sure you give full control by putting a check mark under Full control. Press Apply and Ok . If you do not do this part then you will receive an error when you try and open Postureray.
To verify the process is completed successfully, launch PostureRay from a workstation. Login with
On the main menu screen on the top right hand side you will see the clinic’s name if you see “PostureRay Center” this means that the data wasn’t successfully installed. You will need to verify if you copied the correct backup data to the new PostureRayNet location. Re-run Step #4 to verify the workstation is pointing at the proper database. Contact PostureCo Support if you need additional help.
If you encounter any problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-577-7297.