Remote Software Support Technician
The Job Description
The Remote Software Support Technician assists our customers with installing and updating our software on our customer’s computers. This position is responsible for monitoring an incoming chat queue of support requests and calling out to customers who have made pre-scheduled support appointments. The support technician troubleshoots issues with software, operating system, and small business networks. They work directly with the software development team to isolate and log software bugs. The technician must know when it is appropriate to escalate more complex issues, while still providing high-quality customer service.
Offered to direct candidates only. No recruiters or third-party support service providers, please.
The Daily Routine
- Work closely with our new and long-term customers to provide professional and courteous software application support through chat, phone, and remote computer sessions.
- Ensure that customer communication is efficient and on-time. Tardiness is not allowed.
- Monitor our Google calendar to track scheduled support appointments.
- Call out to customers who have software support appointments.
- Handle incoming “on demand” support sessions over chat and email.
- Use the LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console to connect to our customer’s computers and assist them in resolving issues with our software.
- Ensure customers have a signed contract allowing you to access their computers.
- Install new copies of our software on the customer’s Windows computers.
- Remove and replace copies of our software on the customer’s Windows computers.
- Use SalesForce to review customer accounts and contracts, and to document accurate, detailed notes about issues and issue resolution.
- Identify technical issues that are not related to our software and provide appropriate technical advice to our customers on how they may resolve those unrelated issues.
- Our team members are scattered throughout the country so you must be comfortable working independently, yet also with team collaboration tools.
- Ask questions and hold discussions with developers, senior techs, and managers in various chat rooms.
The Skills You’ll Bring to Our Team
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring software and background system services on Windows computers.
- Good understanding of Windows networking essentials and Administrator rights.
- Courteous, personable, and helpful chat and phone skills.
- 3+ years of professional technical support and customer service experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated to work independently with limited supervision.
- Accurate technical resolution, documentation, and account follow-up.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional and able to multitask.
- Proven ability to take responsibility, think analytically, and work within a team environment.
- Able to set customer expectations and de-escalate tensions.
- Understanding of the business needs of the customer and the impact technical issues may impose on the customer’s small business.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- A Windows 10 computer, a phone, and a stable and reasonably fast Internet connection.
… Extra Skills That Make You Special
- Experience with firewalls and small networks with multiple subnets.
- Knowledge of installing and running SQL Server.
- Quick learner with a desire to learn new systems and new software.
- Android, iPad, and iPhone support experience.
- Writing or speaking in Spanish, Chinese, Italian, or Japanese.
- Any technical industry certification (ITIL, A+, N+, CCNA, MCSE, etc.)
- Work from home.
- Staring rate $13.00 per hour.
- Our support technicians work 3, 4, or 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
- There are no weekend hours at this time.
Our team has built software that has changed the way health and fitness professionals engage with their customers. We pride ourselves on excellent customer account management for our unique set of software packages. We’re a group of professionals who respect each other and stay focused on our customer’s success.