Java Full Stack Web Applications Developer
The Job Description
We are looking for a solid mid-level, or senior Java Web developer to join us in creating high-quality software for health and fitness professionals. Our apps are used by thousands of people, worldwide. At the core, our Java apps are designed for business users and their clients.
You will contribute to developing, deploying, and architecting our web applications. Writing robust, scalable, testable code should come as second nature to you. You will be intimately involved with all stages of the software development process from product ideation to application deployment providing your unique perspective along the way. You will maintain full responsibility for ensuring our web applications are reliable for our users.
Offered to direct candidates only. No Recruiters. No programming service providers.
The Daily Routine
- Work closely with the product teams to determine feature requirements.
- Provide requirements feedback on feasibility and effort.
- Advocate for solutions to technical challenges, articulating schedule/risk/quality tradeoffs.
- Architect, design, and build products from feature ideation to deployment.
- Implement clean, uncluttered, attractive, and intuitive user interfaces.
- Write robust, maintainable code that follows best practices.
- Test your implementation including unit, integration, and regression testing.
- Deliver robust and scalable web solutions.
- Ensure that features are delivered efficiently and on-time.
- Maintain new and existing web applications, and resolve bug reports.
- Our team members are scattered throughout the country so you must be comfortable working independently and with team collaboration tools.
The Skills You’ll Bring to Our Team
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving; the most critical skill you can have.
- Experience with common tools such as Bootstrap, jQuery, Dropwizard, Leaflet JS, Docker, CertBot, Linux, SSH, Maven, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, nginx.
- Strong unit testing, development testing, and defect prevention skills.
- 3+ years of professional development experience building web applications (HTML, CSS, Ajax, micro-services, web services).
- Good version control practices, with git or other modern source control system.
- Proven track record of successful web applications (please include URLs and explanations on your resume)
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
… Extra Skills That Make You Special
- Experience with other programming languages and tools: Android SDK, Firebase, Apex, Objective-C, Swift, Visual C++, MS SQL.
- A desire to learn and help out with other programming languages as needed.
- Experience developing 3D software, ARCore, and image processing.
- Experience building native mobile apps.
- Keen attention to detail on every line of code, every unit test, and every commit message.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and changing schedules.
- Github or StackOverflow profiles.
- Unlimited time off. Yes, seriously. Hit your deadlines and keep us frequently updated.
- Work from home.
- Flexible work times.
More About PostureCo
Our team has built software that has changed the way health and fitness professionals engage with their customers. We pride ourselves on our laid-back approach and don’t keep crazy schedules. We avoid setting ourselves up for unrealistic deadlines. We’re a group of professionals who respect each other and have fun creating. We respect the R&D process and encourage it, so we can learn about new projects we may pursue. We give our developers the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects using both ground-breaking and modern tools.
- We are a very small group of senior developers and product managers.
- We follow a flexible schedule of goals and deadlines.
- We use Git for source control.
- We maintain a clean, stable branch, allowing us to build and publish builds on-demand.
- We track bugs and new feature requests in JIRA.
- Our flexible schedule allows us to switch between fixing existing bugs and working on new features.
- As a small team, we do not have dedicated testers. We do have team members that test every release of our software, but they have other responsibilities as well.