Software Quality Assurance Tester
The Job Description
We are looking for a solid mid-level, or senior Software QA Tester to join us in creating high-quality software for health and fitness professionals.
You will execute quality assurance activities to ensure that standards and requirements of our software applications are met. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve development and QA processes. You will provide timely and meaningful feedback to the engineering and operating teams.
Offered to direct candidates only. No Recruiters. No programming service providers.
The Daily Routine
- Work closely with the product teams to determine feature requirements.
- Prioritize testing by understanding impact and importance of new (and existing) software defects.
- Perform a variety of manual software feature tests on both pre-release and released applications.
- Review existing issues to prevent duplicating bug reports.
- Perform thorough testing, investigations, and documentation when bugs are identified
- Provide detailed work-around options for existing and low-priority software issues.
- Answer questions for the customer support team when they are troubleshooting customer issues.
- Our team members are scattered throughout the country so you must be comfortable working independently, and with team collaboration tools.
The Skills You’ll Need For The Job
- Excellent at documenting software flaws; the most critical skill you can have.
- 6+ years of professional software testing and quality assurance experience.
- Experience testing software on iOS, Android, Windows, and a variety of web browsers.
- Experience performing exploratory and ad hoc testing.
- Proficient understanding of testing methodologies.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to negotiate and prioritize competing incoming requests while considering timelines and limited resources.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
… Extra Skills That Make You Special
- Work experience with both in-house software projects and software for client professional services.
- Recommend automation tools that fit our environment and will help with quality assurance processes.
- Experience testing web service (SOAP and REST), and/or backend testing.
- Experience working in the health care or physical fitness industries.
- Participate effectively in estimation, planning, cost-of-quality, and quality risk analysis.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and changing schedules.
Our team has built software that has changed the way health and fitness professionals engage with their customers. We pride ourselves on our laid-back approach and don’t keep crazy schedules. We avoid setting ourselves up for unrealistic deadlines. We’re a group of professionals who respect each other and have fun creating. We respect the R&D process and encourage it, so we can learn about new projects we may pursue. We give our developers the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects using both ground-breaking and modern tools.
- We are a very small group of senior developers and product managers.
- We follow a flexible schedule of goals and deadlines.
- Our release dates are usually flexible, and the business listens to our concerns.
- We track bugs and new feature requests in JIRA.